Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blessings


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4




What I had to do for another, to help out, has been accomplished. It filled a genuine need and was not solely filling my own need to help: two important checks for me. You know, sometimes folks need to vent or just need a shoulder or an ear. That's fine I think. All I'm saying is I used to really help others a lot of times to fill my own "helping" needs, so I try not to do that. Of course, I received a blessing in the doing for someone else. It usually works out that way. Sometimes pure sacrifice occurs, united with Christ's suffering,  and the blessing is just "doing the right thing".


The pics are visuals of a recent blessing for my mom (aka Mama Gladys). Mom has had to have a large, benign tumor removed twice from around her right, inner ear. The rub is that both times it has been wound around crucial elements like her jugular vein and facial nerve, among others. The good Dr. down in Gainesville was able to remove it all, but he had to string her facial nerve out like a "telephone line", he said, to really get it all. As a result, for about sixth months that side of her face was paralyzed, with a possibility of losing facial tone forever. She kept her chin up (figuratively anyway), dealt with the drooling and eye not closing. When I visited the last two weekends (to see Uncle Macky), as shown in top pic, it is almost completely better!

Thankful!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment